SOMEONE'S CHILD--Community Awareness, Education and Prevention, is a Commercial Sexual Expolitation of Childrens' (CSEC) training that offers a Certificate of Completion and 2 CEU's through the Board of Regents for Georgia Certified Life Coaching Training.
What is Commercial Sexual Exploitation?
A declaration of the World Congress against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, held in Stockholm in 1996, defined CSEC as:
“Sexual abuse by the adult and remuneration in cash or kind to the child or a third person or persons. The child is treated as a sexual object and as a commercial object.”
Commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) is a commercial transaction that involves the sexual exploitation of a child, such as the prostitution of children and child pornography. CSEC may involve coercion and violence against children and amount to forced labor and a form of contemporary slavery as well as offering the sexual services of children for compensation, financial or otherwise.
● Child and teen sex trafficking has attracted the participation of increasingly sophisticated, organized drug traffickers and criminal gangs. Investing in prevention is more cost effective and safer than rescuing victims trapped in illegal unmarked brothels. More importantly, it means some girls will never have to experience torture and rape. We started with the notion that if we really wanted to prevent trafficking of the most vulnerable victims in high-risk areas of south metropolitan Atlanta, we would need to instill change from the bottom up. We would need to start with adolescent girls — empowering them to respect themselves, to value the role of women in their society and to have the confidence and knowledge to stand up for themselves.
● In this new world of hi-tech information (Facebook, texting, skyping, tweeting, Instagram, on-line dating, etc.), our adolescent girls and boys, young women and men will become well informed of the dangers in which these avenues can be used to exploit minors.
● Teen sex trafficking and exploitation is no longer a Thailand, Phillipine, Mexico problem. It's found its way in our neighborhoods and is one of the most shocking crimes occurring in Georgia, and chances are you don't even know it exists. Often a family member or a friend of the family has already abused the minor.
● Men no longer travel to Rio to have sex with a teen. They are now traveling right here in our own backyard.
● Teen girls are the “new crack” as a victim of sex trafficking. Several gangs are in on it. They call themselves Guerrilla pimps. They're literally snatching girls off the street, breaking them down and forcing them into prostitution, having them turn 10-20 or more tricks a day. The younger the better. Pimping girls is easier, cheaper and less likely to get the predator shot or landed in jail for any serious time. And unlike a kilo, one girl can be sold over and over and over again. There's a ready supply and an endless demand.
● There's also the Casanova/Romeo pimp. He gains the teen girl's trust and breaks down her support system and self-esteem. He treats her to meals, buys her clothes and makes her think that he loves her. Later she's coerced into submission through gang rape, confinement, beatings, torture, cutting, tattooing, burning, branding, being deprived of basic needs, and threats of murder.
● Pimpin' is high tech now because of the Internet. That's where they make the real money. They don't have to have girls walking the streets. They arrange everything over the Internet. They set up a motel room and just run the Johns in and out at one hundred, two hundred dollars a pop, earning $150,000 per year for her pimp.
STATISTICS ON TEEN SEX TRAFFICKING AND EXPLOITATION IN GEORGIA
* A study done a few years ago by the Schapiro Group that 42 percent of calls for sexual services are coming from the suburbs outside Atlanta.”
* The most common age of entry into the commercial sex industry is 12-14 years of age.
* Each month, 300-500 girls are commercially sexually exploited throughout Georgia and the numbers are steadily and rapidly growing.
* On average, 100 juvenile girls are exploited each night in Georgia and the number is steadily and rapidly growing.
* 7,200 men pay for sex with adolescent females in Georgia each month and the number is steadily and rapidly growing.